The Davis Food Co-op is like no other grocery store on the planet.
Started in a living room in 1972, the Davis Food Co-op has grown into a full-service grocery store owned and operated by over 9,000 local households. We're open 364 days a year, 7am to 10pm, seven days a week, although close a bit early on July 4th, Thanksgiving, December 24 & 31, and January 1.
The Co-op showcases natural, organic and local foods, but strives to offer a full spectrum of groceries to serve our entire community.
Our Ends: The Davis Food Cooperative exists to provide our members and our community with
- a thriving, cooperatively owned business;
- access to healthful, sustainable, higher quality, and locally grown and produced foods;
- a retail store that satisfies customers;
- an improved environment and a more sustainable food system;
- education that leads to informed choices about health, food systems, the environment and cooperatives; and
- a satisfied, motivated staff.
Welcome to the Davis Food Co-op!
What’s a Food Co-op?
Regular Board Meetings are held monthly in the Teaching Kitchen (537 G Street.) Please check ...
2017 Spring Election Results
(accepted by the Board June 12, 2017)...
The Annual Report is a review of the previous fiscal year, and a look at how we met ...
Updated mid 2014
Started in a Davis living room in 1972, the Davis Food Co-op...
April 22, 2017
When life gives you voluminous carrot tops......