The Davis Food Co-op and the Twin Pines Cooperative Foundation are proud to offer assistance to vital groups in our community through grants from the Davis Cooperative Community Fund. About $14,000 in grants have been awarded to organizations based in Davis or serving Yolo County, and dedicated to working on issues in agriculture, food and hunger, community and social problems or the environment.
We are finished accepting 2013 applications as of 5 PM on Friday, April 5, 2013. Organizations interested in applying for awards from the Fund must meet a few requirements, such 501(c)3 status with the Internal Revenue Service or incorporation as a cooperative. Grants are awarded in the spring (usually announced by mid-May).
We expect we'll accept 2014 Applications from February 10 to April 5, 2014; always call or email to receive acknowledgment of receipt of your application. For more details, please email Doug Walter or telephone (530) 758-2667, and press 111.
2012 grant recipients were announced at the Co-op's Annual Member Meeting at the Davis Senior Center Multipurpose Room, on Sunday, May 20 (just after the eclipse!). They were:
• Harper Junior High School Garden/Harper PTA — for tools, worms & supplies
• Patwin Elementary/RISE — for plates
• Marguerite Montgomery Elementary PTA — for tools
• Knights Landing Children's Center — for books and materials to support healthy eating
• CommuniCare Health Centers — for perinatal program foods
• Sacramento/Yolo Mutual Housing Association — for garden supplies
• Davis Farmers Market Foundation/Central Park Gardens — for plants
• Da Vinci High Booster Club — for plates, bowls
• Cool Davis Foundation — for equipment for outreach