The Davis Food Co-op and the Twin Pines Cooperative Foundation are proud to offer assistance to vital groups in our community through grants from the Davis Cooperative Community Fund. About $14,000 in grants have been awarded to organizations based in Davis or serving Yolo County, and dedicated to working on issues in agriculture, food and hunger, community and social problems or the environment.
Organizations interested in applying for awards from the Fund must meet a few requirements, such 501(c)3 status with the Internal Revenue Service or incorporation as a cooperative. Grants are awarded in the spring (usually announced by mid-May).
We are accepting 2014 Applications from February 14 to April 4, 2014; always call or email to receive acknowledgment of receipt of your application. For more details, please follow the "How to apply" link below, and then email Doug Walter or telephone (530) 758-2667, and press 111.
2013 grant recipients were announced at the Co-op's Annual Member Meeting at the Davis Senior Center Multipurpose Room, on Sunday, May 19. They were:
• Eleanor Roosevelt Circle Co-op — for garden materials
• Korematsu Elementary PTO — for a dehuller and mochi maker
• Yolo Arts — for plates and glasses (a reusable "party pack")
• Yolo Basin Foundation — for materials and equipment
• DJUSD Children's Center — for garden materials
• Project Linus of Yolo County — for blanket materials
• UCP Woodland Adult Day Program — for meals
• Village Harvest Davis — for boxes
You are always welcome to make a donation by sending a check to:
Davis Food Co-op
620 G Street
Davis, CA 95616-3753