Ideas for Celebrating Earth Day!
Learn Something New!
Learn a new skill that helps limit your impact on the Environment.
- Bike Repair – the Bike Campaign and Bike Garage are happy help!
- Build a Compost Bin
- Learn to Mend and Hem Your Clothes with UC Davis Zero Waste and Sustainability Club
Learn about our native landscape
- Read about the history and current events of the Native lands you live and recreate on.
- Read about native plants and how to identify them
- Make Your Yard More Pollinator Friendly
- Volunteer at the Arboretum
- Make a Container Garden in Your Kitchen or Patio Space
Spend Time Outside
- Brush up on the 7 principles of leave no trace
- Make goal of traveling 50 human powered miles by the Summer Solstice.
- Bike the Davis Bike Loop
Give Up a Less Sustainable Habit for the Day
- Go Car-less for the Day. Ride your bike or take the bus.
- Have a Veg Day! Check out our Recipes Page or 31 Days of Vegetable Guide for some meat-free ideas.
- Bring reusable (if you don’t already!). Bring a reusable cup for coffee, bags for groceries, and containers for take-out.