We’ve come a long way since 1972, when the Co-op was just a hatchling in someone’s garage. Yes, we’ve still got concrete floors. But 45+ years on, we’ve got a delicious Deli that’s consistently voted the Best Vegetarian eatery in Yolo County, with the added benefit of house-roasted chickens, fresh-rolled sushi, and hand-sliced meats from local ranches! We're also the happy-hour location that’s the best-kept secret in Davis. We’re speaking of the patio, of course. Serving local craft brews on tap until 8 pm, with a mammoth selection of snacks just a stroll away.
The Deli's Coffee Bar is ready at 7am, with cold-brew, fair-trade, and a variety of organic milks and sweeteners to make your morning go. Try our “spicy” mocha or hot cocoa when it’s co-old outside, and grab a breakfast burrito from our hot bar, featuring Vega eggs (or tofu, for vegan shoppers).
The DFC Deli squeezes its own orange juice, crafts its own incredible beet-and-kale salad, conjures its famously addictive tofu spread, and crams as many organic ingredients as possible into everything. From our fresh-baked bread to our stunning dessert case, we use the best stuff we can get our hands on. That translates to no trans fats. That also means local meats from Niman Ranch, 5 Dot, Diestel, and Petaluma Chicken, which translates to nom nom nom. The DFC Deli puts organic first. And now, in alignment with our Ends, our salad bar is now All Organic! "The Davis Food Co-op exists so that our current and future member-owners and other people in the community have... an improved environment and a more sustainable food system."
Whether you’re picking up a quick meal to take away, collecting just-made DFC Deli salads for your week, or stocking up on sliced meat and cheeses, the DFC Deli is sure to impress.
Also available in the Davis Food Co-op's Deli:
- Draft Beer & Kombucha! We have four taps in the Deli, and one is reserved for a refreshing kombucha! Come on by for our rotating selection of beer and gluten-free cider.
- Signature sandwiches, Wraps & Paninis--made to order from a rainbow of fresh veggies, breads (ask for gluten-free), cheeses, tofu and meats from Niman Ranch, Llano Seco and Diestel.
- Salad Bar—fresh, healthy, and All Organic!
- Hot Food—two buffets include soups, stews, rices, omnivore and vegan entrees, tofu & veggies.
- Sushi—sustainable, fresh and handmade all day by our Mermaid Sushi chefs. Mermaid Sushi is committed to sustainable seafood, brown-rice options, absolutely no high-fructose corn syrup, no aspartame and no artificial colors. Missing your favorite roll? Ask Sithu (pronounced "C-2") to create it for you. His maki, nigiri, and vegetarian party platters are perfect for dinner parties of all shapes and sizes. Check for their menu here.
- Bakery—Our breads, scones, muffins and landmark Co-op cookies greet you as you enter the store. Choose from items baked fresh daily, including croissants, muffins, cookies, and pies that will make you weep. Baked and cooled right at your Co-op, with no trans fats, period.