Department: Deli Reports To: Deli Supervisors, Managers
Job Summary: Support store operations by stocking, prepping, serving customers, while maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of the kitchen and providing customers with friendly and helpful service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1. Customer Service Responsibilities - exceed our customer's expectations for service, quality and provide a welcoming environment for all in accordance with the DFC's customer service standards.
- Greet and offer assistance to customers - follow the 10-4 rule.
- Demonstrate proper phone etiquette and delivery of messages.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
2. Departmental Responsibilities
- Maintain an organized department in the Deli
- Responsible for training new staff to proper procedures set by management.
- Maintaining the standards and quality for all ingredients and product produced.
- Ensure accurate and efficient production and leadership for the department.
- Ensure accurate and efficient rotation of product and ingredients. (First In First Out)
- Ensure that all changes set by management are accurately translated and executed with Clerk 1s.
- Maintain organized cases and back stock area and be able to locate products with a minimum amount of trouble.
- Demonstrate an understanding of who is responsible for and executing task set by the preplist.
- Ability to delegate task to Clerk 1s.
- Conduct quarterly inventory of floor area and back stock area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Clerk3 and management.
3. Clerk Duties
- Adhere to scheduled shifts and be ready for work when the shift begins.
- Follow instructions; respond to management direction.
- Maintain accurate and attractive signage within your department.
- Follow store policies and procedures.
- Keep department orderly and clean.
4. Safety and Sanitation Responsibilities
- Wear proper clothing during shift - including, as assigned, chef's coat, head covering, apron/vest and nametag, close-toe shoes, and shirts with sleeves.
- Avoid injury; demonstrate proper lifting techniques and follow proper steps in the event of an injury.
- Follow accepted food safety practices.
- Handle all store equipment with care; observe all safety precautions and assist others in doing so.
- Follow DFC safety policy at all times and assist in maintaining all areas of the store in safe condition.
- Complete hourly sweeps and/or temperature checks.
5. Staff Relation Duties
- Maintain professional working relationship with fellow coworkers and communicate relevant information to coworkers.
- Follow all store policies and procedures.
6. Abide by all DFC policy and procedures as specified in the DFC Employee Handbook.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
ESSENTION MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate competencies in the following matters:
1. Customer Service
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Respond promptly to customer needs.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Be consistently at work and arrive on time.
- Arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follow instructions.
- Respond to management direction.
4. Work Quality
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Apply feedback to improve performance.
- Monitor own work to ensure quality.
5. Work Quantity
- Complete work in a timely manner.
- Strive to increase productivity.
- Stay on task.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Language Ability
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-to-one and small group situations to customers and other employees.
2. Math Ability
- Add and subtract two-digit numbers and mentally multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Perform these calculations using units of U.S. currency and units of weight, volume, and distance.
3. Reasoning Ability
- Apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
4. Computer Skills
- Demonstrate basic skills in email, Word, and Excel.
5. Operational Equipment Skills
- Operate a manual pallet jack.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Daily Physical Demands
- Stand for six hours.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Walk, climb, or balance and stoop.
- Lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Talk and hear.
2. Specific Vision Ability
- Have close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth percetion.
The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Occasional Exposure to;
- Fumes or airborne particles.
- Outdoor weather conditions.
- Extreme cold (non-weather).
- Wet or humid (non-weather).
2. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.