Corn Salad with Chile and Lime
Avocado and Sugar Snap Pea Salad
Cacio e Pepe Roasted Asparagus
Swapping out some of the butter that is in traditional brownies with avocado adds extra creaminess and nutrients.
3/4 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 cup mashed avocado (1 large or 2 small)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil or 1 stick melted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda, crushing any lumps of cocoa with the back of your spoon.
- In a food processor, puree the avocado until completely smooth. Add the white and brown sugars and process, then add the eggs, oil or butter and vanilla and process until smooth. Scrape the avocado mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top looks dry and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out with big wet crumbs attached-not dry. Don’t overbake, if you like a gooey brownie, take it out while a little gooey in the middle and chill to make it easier to cut.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Shared with permission from welcometothetable.coop.
Yield: 16 servings