Zero Waste Vegan Cashew Yogurt is quick, simple, and delicious!!
2 Cup Raw Cashews (soaked in warm water)
1 Tbsp Sweetener (Agave, Maple Syrup, Honey, Unrefined Sugar)
~60 Billion CFU Probiotic (DFC Brand is Vegetarian or use any vegan probiotic, use as many capsulas as needed)
Need some extra help with this Recipe? Visit our Youtube for a step-by-step video!
- Soak your Cashews in warm water for 6+ hours, I typically do it overnight.
- Separate the cashews from the water.
- Put the cashew in a blender or food processor. Add about 1 cup water, sweetener sugar and probiotics.
- Blend until smooth, you may need to add more water to get the consistency you want.
- Set yogurt in a bowl, cover with a towel (it needs to be something breathable), and store in a warm place (on your counter top is probably fine).
- Let the yogurt sit for at least 6 hours. Then put it in the fridge!
- Eat it with the dried blueberries from our bulk fridge or fresh strawberries. YUM!
- At first the texture will be similar to ricotta. Blend for longer to make it smoother. (I love ricotta! So I don’t blend it for too long)
- I like to add vanilla to give a little extra flavor!
- You must add some kind of sweetener, even if you don’t want it sweet! The probiotics need something to eat in order to grow!
Yield: 6 servings