Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
The perfect, easy french toast dippers. Make ahead and freeze for easy mornings at home or on-the-go!
8 slices of thick cut Texas toast
4 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Unsalted butter, for cooking
Maple syrup, for serving
Cinnamon sugar, for dusting
- Slice each piece of Texas toast into 4 sticks and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla. Dip each stick of bread into the mix and let soak until fully saturated.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add in 2-3 tbsp of butter.
- Once the butter has melted line the french toast sticks into the pan, making sure not to overcrowd.
- Cook until golden brown and crisp on all edges. Remove from pan and immediately dust with cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm with maple syrup for dipping. You can also freeze in an air-tight container for easy heat up later in the microwave, toaster, or toaster-oven!
Tip – slightly dry, day-old bread works best for french toast because it will soak up the most cinnamon egg custard!
Buy these ingredients through the Davis Food Co-op Curb Side Pick-Up:
Recipe developed by staff member, Rheanna Smith. Rheanna has a background in nutrition and food science, and along with working in many departments here at the Davis Food Co-op she actively runs a food blog containing healthy recipes and nutrition tips. Keep an eye on our Co-op blog to see some of her recipes and give her Instagram account a follow for additional health tips and ideas, @rheannnabanana.
Yield: 6 servings