Coconut Creme Crepes
Breakfast or Dessert? Why not both!?
1 Can of Heavy Coconut Cream
2 Tbsp of Unrefined Sugar
1/2 tsp of Vanilla
1/4 Cup of Coconut Flour
1 Cup of Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cups of Dairy Free Milk (Oat, Almond, Soy, Coconut any will do!)
1 Tbsp of Sweetener (Unrefined Sugar, Maple Syrup, etc)
1 tsp of Vanilla
1/3 Cup of Water
Sliced Strawberries and More Unrefined Sugar!
Coconut oil and a rag or paper towel
- First Prep your Strawberries. Slice or dice them however you want and place them in a bowl with 3-5 Tablespoons of sugar. Mix well. The berries react to the sugar and produce a syrup. Yum!
- Prep the Coconut Creme! Open your can of Heavy Coconut Cream. Do not shake or stir! With a spoon, scoop out the top layers on the can. all the cream floats to the surface. Use about 3/4 of the can. You will notice at the bottom of the can it is mostly coconut water and is almost clear.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Unrefined Sugar, 1/2 tsp or Vanilla, and 1/4 Cup of Coconut flour. Mix well and set aside.
- Next is the crepes! They are easiest to make in a crepe pan or a nonstick pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, dairy free milk, vanilla and sweetener. Slowly add in the 1/3 cup of water, you may not need the whole thing. The crepes should be thin but still a little viscus.
- Use an egg beater or blender. Make sure their are no clumps.
- Heat up you skillet over medium/high heat. Use your rag or paper towel to spread a small amount of coconut oil on the pan.
- Pouring the crepe onto the pan is the tricky part. Lift the pan and tilt sideways. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan from the top and let gravity pull the batter across the pans surface.
- Place back on the heat and let sit for 20-30 seconds, then flip. Use a fork or spatula to flip, crepes are fragile so be careful! Then cook for another 20-30 seconds and set aside.
- Repeat (including wiping the pan again with you coconut oil rag)
- Time to eat! Fill up each crepe with some coconut creme and strawberries! You will notice by now that there is now delicious strawberry syrup!
- At first all your crepes are likely to be misshapen! Practice makes perfect with this recipe!
- Add some beetroot powder, spirulina, and/or flaxmeal for extra vitamins!
Yield: 4 servings