Creamy Spero Vegan Cheesecake
3/4 cup pecans
3/4 cup dates
2 teaspoon coconut oil
1 1/2 tubs Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese
1/2 cup agave syrup
1 cup oat milk (or your favorite plant milk)
1 tablespoon agar powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup fresh blueberries
¼ cup agave syrup
1 teaspoon lime juice
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF
- Add pecans, dates and coconut oil to a food processor and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Cut out parchment paper into round shape for the cheesecake base to make removing the cheesecakes easier.
- Add pecan & dates crust to the 6-inch springform pan and carefully press with fingers to distribute. To pack it down, use a small glass or the back of a spoon to and really press it down, allowing some crust to come up the sides.
- Bake the vegan crust for about 10 minutes. Then remove from oven and keep aside.
*or follow instructions on store-bought crust package
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the 1 cup oat milk, agave syrup and agar powder and bring to a boil while whisking. When it comes to a boil, bring the heat down to low and allow to simmer for 2 minutes while you whisk. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, add Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese and mix it using a spoon. Add the prepared oat milk agar mixture little by little to the cream cheese. Then, pour this mixture over pre-baked vegan crust.
- Gently tap the springform pan over the counter to remove bubbles inside cheesecake mixture. Set the pan aside on the counter to cool for 20 minutes uncovered before covering the pan with foil and placing in the refrigerator to chill for 6 hours or overnight.
Toppings + Assembly:
- Meanwhile prepare blueberry compote. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add fresh blueberries, agave syrup, lime juice and vanilla extract and still well to combine. Let it cook on low heat for about 6-7 minutes. Allow the blueberry mixtures to reach a sauce consistency. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Once the cheesecake has set, remove carefully from the springform pan and transfer to a plate.
- Top the cheesecake with prepared blueberry compote. Slice and serve chilled.
This Recipe is from spero foods: https://www.sperofoods.co/post/berry-cheesecake
Yield: 6 servings