Overnight Baked Berry Banana French Toast
Apricot and Almond Pasta Salad
Crunchy Chicken or Chickpea Salad
Cucumber Agua Fresca
The perfect balance of tart and sweet for a refreshing summer drink!
3 small cucumbers
2 whole limes
10 fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
4 cups water, split in half
Ice for serving
- Cut the cucumbers into chunks (persian cucumbers work best or even watermelon gherkins!)
- Remove the peels from the limes leaving behind the whole fruit.
- Blend together the cucumber chunks, lime, mint, sugar, honey, and 2 cups of water until smooth.
- Pour through a mesh strainer to remove excess pulp.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups of water and serve over ice.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe developed by staff member, Rheanna Smith. Rheanna has a background in nutrition and food science, and along with working in many departments here at the Davis Food Co-op she actively runs a food blog containing healthy recipes and nutrition tips. Keep an eye on our Co-op blog to see some of her recipes and give her Instagram account a follow for additional health tips and ideas, @rheannnabanana.
GF V veg DF
Yield: 4 servings