Fresh Sweet Corn Fritters
Zero Waste Fritters! All ingredients are available in Bulk and Produce!
2 ears of corn
1/4 flax meal
3-4 green garlic, purple garlic or green onion stalks
1/4 flour, whole wheat or oat
Add grated zucchini for extra seasonal flavors!
Salt and Pepper
- Mix flax and water and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, and diced green onions. Mix well.
- Cut kernels off the sides of the corn, and add to batter. Mix well.
- *optional* add shredded zucchini.
- Heat a cast iron skillet with a generous amount of oil.
- Test to ensure that the oil is heated by flicking some water off your fingers and into the pan. The oil should sizzle, then it’s ready!
- Keep the oil on Medium heat and add large spoonful sized amounts of batter to the pan. Flatten slightly, to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Let fry for 2 minutes or until dark brown, then flip and fry another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with dipping sauces! We recommend Forager Sour Cream, Bolani Sweet Jalapeno Sauce, or Treeline Chipotle Serrano Pepper Treenut Cheese.
Yield: 4 servings