Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes
These carrot cake cupcakes are sweet & spicy and bursting with juicy carrots and raisins. Leave them unfrosted for muffins or spread rich & silky maple cream cheese frosting over the top for a real treat!
1 cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour (can sub regular AP flour or another 1:1 GF flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups grated carrot (no need to peel)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup golden raisins (or regular raisins)
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 batch Maple Cream Cheese Frosting*
* Find our Maple Cream Cheese Frosting recipe here!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin/cupcake tin with liners or by greasing with more canola oil.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Whisk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar and oil and whisk. Add one egg at a time, whisking in between each addition.
- Whisk dry ingredients into the wet in 2 batches. Once fully combined, fold in carrots, walnuts, raisins, and coconut.
- Fill muffin/cupcake tin 3/4 full with cake batter. Bake for 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting. To frost: spread Maple Cream Cheese Frosting generously over each cupcake. If you want to pipe the frosting, chill in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up. Store cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours or store in the fridge for up to three days.
Yield: 12 servings