Overnight Baked Berry Banana French Toast
Apricot and Almond Pasta Salad
Crunchy Chicken or Chickpea Salad
Grandma’s Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
2 1/2 cups chopped red rhubarb
2 1/2 cups de-stemmed, quartered strawberries
2/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp minute tapioca
juice of 1 meyer lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tablespoons butter
1 eqq white for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Prep pie crust, roll out half, and put in a pie dish. Save the other half for the top.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except butter and egg wash. Let sit 10 – 15 minutes.
- Roll out the half of pie crust, and set it aside.
- Pour filling into pie crust, cut the butter and plop on the filling. Top with second crust, pinch the edges and slit the center. Mix 1 egg white with 1 tbsp of water and brush onto the crust. Tent the edges with foil.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 and bake for an additional 45-50 minutes. Remove foil tent when only 15 minutes remain.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
*You may substitute minute tapioca for tapioca starch, but be sure it does not clump. Minute tapioca is the true Grandma way, and the DFC carries an organic product!
Yield: 8 servings