Grilled Corn Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
Sweet corn takes on a slightly smoky quality after a few turns on a hot grill. Add a tangy, sweet dressing and tender cubes of avocado, and you have a feast of flavors, colors and textures with minimal effort.
4 ears sweet corn
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
2 large jalapeños, seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 avocado, diced
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the grill to high. Shuck the corn and place in a large bowl. Brush the corn with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the corn on the grill, and turn with tongs every couple of minutes. When the corn is tender and browned in spots on all sides — after about 10 minutes — remove from the grill to the bowl.
- Let the corn set until cool enough to handle. Use a chef’s knife to cut the kernels off the corn and put back in the bowl.
- In a cup, stir the lime juice and honey together, then stir in the jalapeños and garlic. Pour over the corn.
- Add the avocado, tomato and cilantro. Stir to mix well. Serve immediately.
This colorful side dish goes great with hamburgers, veggie burgers or grilled chicken.
Yield: 6 servings