Corn Salad with Chile and Lime
Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops
The perfect blend of sweet and savory with all the grilled flavors of summer!
4 pork chops
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 onion, sliced thick
1 tsp olive oil
- Slice the pineapple into rings, reserving any extra pineapple juice.
- In a large ziploc, mix together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic powder to create a marinade for the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops into the marinade and set in the fridge overnight, or for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill on medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- While the grill is heating saute the thick strips of onion in olive oil until caramelized.
- Remove chops from marinade and grill until browned and cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Brush several times with leftover marinade to cook down on the surface of the meat.
- While the meat is grilling place the pineapple rings on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes, just enough time to get slight char marks.
- Serve warm with the pineapple rings and sauteed onion strips on top of the pork chops.
Check out our favorite local, sustainable pork here at the Davis Food Co-op, Rancho Llano Seco!
Recipe developed by staff member, Rheanna Smith. Rheanna has a background in nutrition and food science, and along with working in many departments here at the Davis Food Co-op she actively runs a food blog containing healthy recipes and nutrition tips. Keep an eye on our Co-op blog to see some of her recipes and give her Instagram account a follow for additional health tips and ideas, @rheannnabanana.
Yield: 4 servings