Honeynut and Cauliflower Soup
3-4 honeynut squash or 1 large butternut
1 large head of cauliflower
4 cup broth
1/4 cup coconut cream
Salt and Pepper
fresh or dried sage
1 medium yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Peel the squash, cut in half and scoop out the seeds, then chop into cubes.
- Process the cauliflower. Cut in half then cut out the core. Cut the cauliflower trees until they are about the same size as the squash cubes.
- Roughly chop 1/2 the onion. And place all veggies on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until veggies are easily punctured with a fork.
- Add coconut cream, salt, pepper, sage, and garlic to a high-powered blender or food processor. Add 1/2 the roasted veggies and puree until smooth, adding broth slowly.
- Add the remaining veggies but keep about 1-1.5 cups of broth on the side. Blend until smooth, taste test for salt, pepper, and sage. Add the remaining broth and blend throughly.
- If you used cold broth, heat in a saucepan before serving, or else serve immediately.
- Use leftover coconut cream as garnish.
Keeps in an airtight container for 1 week or in the freezer for longer!
Yield: 4 servings