Jackfruit and Veggie Bowl
Who knew fruit could be so savory!? Yum!
1 Can of Green Jackfruit, Rinsed
6 Loose Cups Spinach
2 Cucumber, Sliced
1/2 Purple Cabbage, shredded
3 Carrots, Shredded
1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 C Water and 2 tbsp Water
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/8 tsp Cloves
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
Salt and Pepper
- Prep your veggies; slice the cucumbers, shred the carrots, cabbage and thinly slice the bell pepper and avocado.
- Heat up your skillet with a little oil, add jackfruit, and 1/4 water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine tomato paste, 2 Tbsp water, chili powder, cloves, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Remove cover, there should still be a little water in the pan. Use the back of a fork to break up the fruit into strips (think pulled pork).
- Add the sauce and evenly coat the jackfruit. Set aside to cool a little.
- Assemble your bowl, with the spinach first and all the veggies on top!
- Top with your creamy dressing or try our Lemon Vinaigrette
Yield: 4 servings