Kale and Squash Pizza
5 large kale leaves
1 small squash
4-5 large tomatoes
1 cup vegan mozzarella
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- See our vegan pizza crust recipe to make a dough, or use a store bought pizza dough that you have thawed. Prep while the dough rises or thaws.
- Preheat oven to 425 F with a pizza stone inside.
- Dice the tomatoes and place them in a small sauce pan over medium to low heat. Cook covered for about 10 minutes, then mash with a fork.
- Add olive oil, salt and oregano, continue to cook over low heat, uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Peel the squash, cut in half and remove the seeds. Slice into wedges about ½ centimeter thick. Remove stem from kale leaves, and cut into large pieces.
- Spread the sauce on the rolled out pizza dough on a hot pizza stone. Rip the ovalini mozzarella in half and scatter on pizza. Place the squash and kale on the pizza. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice and Serve!
Recipe from Madison Suoja
V veg DF