Spinach, Strawberry, and Goat Cheese Salad Salad
2 Bunches Spinach
1 1/2 Cups Strawberries
1/2 small Red Onion
6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Honey
1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
1/8 tsp Ground Pepper
1/4 Cup Crumbed Goat Cheese
1/4 Cup Pecans
Basil and Mint Optional
- Wash the spinach and gently pat dry.
- Remove the green tops of the strawberries and cut the strawberries in half, or quarters if large. Thinly slice the red onion.
- Place spinach, strawberries, and red onions in a large salad bowl.
- Make the dressing by placing the oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork or whisk until vinaigrette comes together and looks well-combined.
- Drizzle half the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat. Sample a little bit of the salad and add more dressing to taste.
- Sprinkle goat cheese and pecans over the salad and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings