Overnight Baked Berry Banana French Toast
Apricot and Almond Pasta Salad
Crunchy Chicken or Chickpea Salad
Kwanzaa Inspired Spicy Collard Greens
These spicy collards are a delicious and nutritious side—great with cornbread and your favorite grilled meat or seafood.
2 large bunches collard greens, stemmed and chopped into 2” pieces
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Bring a large stockpot 3/4 full of salted water to a boil.
- Add chopped collard greens and blanch for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain. Squeeze out excess water.
- In a skillet, saute the remaining ingredients in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Toss the sauteed vegetables and spices with the drained collards and remaining olive oil.
Tips & Notes
Serving Tip: Serve with cornbread and your favorite grilled meat or seafood.
GF V veg DF
Yield: 4 servings