Cheesy Lasagna Cups
The easiest lasagna you will ever make! Perfect for an easy dinner that the whole family will love and simple enough to make that everyone can get involved.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 Italian sausage links, or plant-based alternative
1 cup marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
24 won ton wrappers, 2 inch
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly oil two standard muffin tins.
- Remove the sausage casings and cut into small chunks.
- Heat a saute pan on medium, add in the olive oil and the sausage.
- Cook the sausage until brown, about 3-5 minutes, crumbling it with a spatula as it cooks.
- Once fully cooked, drain the excess fat and stir in the marinara sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Season the ricotta cheese with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Press the won ton wrappers into the muffin tin, fitting them so that there is an opening in the center.
- Fill each wrapper with 1 tbsp seasoned ricotta cheese, 1 tbsp marinara-sausage mixture, and 1 tbsp shredded mozzarella; repeat with one more layer.
- Place in the oven and bake 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the won ton wrappers are golden brown.
- Serve warm with fresh parsley as a garnish! You can also store in an air-tight container and freeze for easy heat-up in the microwave or toaster-oven later on.
Buy these ingredients through the Davis Food Co-op Curb Side Pick-Up:
Recipe developed by staff member, Rheanna Smith. Rheanna has a background in nutrition and food science, and along with working in many departments here at the Davis Food Co-op she actively runs a food blog containing healthy recipes and nutrition tips. Keep an eye on our Co-op blog to see some of her recipes and give her Instagram account a follow for additional health tips and ideas, @rheannnabanana.
Yield: 12 servings