Mango Chicken or Tofu Curry
1 large bell pepper
1 medium red onion
1 block of Firm tofu or two chicken breasts
2 large mango, 1 can of diced mangos, or about 1 cup of diced frozen and thawed mangos
1.5 cups of coconut milk
1 1/2 tbsp Masala Blends, Curry Spice
1 1/2 cups Kamut (or brown rice)
3 cups broth
cilantro and lime for garnish
- Bring Kamut and broth to a boil in a saucepan. Lower heat to medium/low and cook with the lid on until all liquid is absorbed.
- Chop the bell pepper and onion into large pieces. Chop the tofu or chicken into 1/2-3/4 inch cubes.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add chicken or tofu and stir often to prevent sticking. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook 1-2 minutes. Then add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Masala Spice Blend and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add Coconut milk, and simmer on low/medium for 5-7 minutes, until onion is softened.
- Serve immediately, garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge.
Yield: 4 servings