Masala Blends Marinate Chicken(Tofu) and Cilantro Lime Rice
Recipe using Masala Blends Spices! A local small company and staff favorite!
1 1/2 Cup white or brown rice
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 cups broth
1 package tofu or 2 chicken breasts
2 - 3 tbsp Masala Blends, Marinade
1 - 2 tbsp oil (olive, avocado, canola)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
juice of 2 limes
- In a saucepan combine broth, coconut milk, and rice. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low, covered, until all liquid is absorbed. (25 – 35 minutes)
- Cut the tofu into four even pieces, slicing once through the middle, and then in half. (This step is not needed for chicken.)
- cover your tofu or chicken with a little oil and rub it all over each piece. Pour 1 -2 tbsps of Masala Blends, Marinade on a plate. Coat each piece in a think layer or seasoning and gently rub it in. Let sit for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat up a skillet or use a grill/grittle. Place chicken or tofu on the hot grittle. Cook on each side 2-3 minutes. The chicken will need to be cooked longer, check to make sure that there is no pink on the inside before serving. Check that the inside of the chicken breast is at least 165 F.
- Once the rice is done, stir in chopped cilantro.
- slice the chicken or tofu and serve over the rice.
Yield: 4 servings