Miyoko’s Vegan Scalloped Potato Bake
Missing Creamy Sauces? Try this Vegan Creamy, Cheesy Potato Bake!
3-4 Potatoes, Sliced (Peeling optional)
1 Cup Mushrooms, Sliced
1/3 Onion, Diced
1-2 Cloves of Garlic, Miced
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
2 tbsp Nutitional Yeast
1 Miyoko's Fresh Vegan Mozzarella Package (8 oz)
1/2 Cup Oat Milk
Shredded vegan cheese (mozzarella, jack, or white cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat up a skillet and add 1-2 tbsp of oil.
- Sliced your potatoes and add them to the skillet once the oil is hot.
- Let them brown on one side, then flip and add diced onion and sliced mushrooms. Cook for 1-2 minutes, just before it is done add the garlic.
- In a sauce pan, add oat milk, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and Miyoko’s cheese. Stir until well blended, the cheese may take while to melt. Once bubbling, remove from heat.
- Add a thin layer of sauce to a casserole dish. Add a layer of the potatoes, then layer some sauce. Repeat this until you have used all the potatoes. Be use to end with adding a generous amount of sauce on top.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top, and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes uncovered. The top should be golden and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then dig in!
Alternative Baking Method:
- Cook potatoes in a Caste Iron Skillet. Pout the sauce in with the potatoes and mix gently. Top with shredded cheese and cook on medium low until cheese on top is melty and bubbly.
Yield: 4 servings