Corn Salad with Chile and Lime
Miyoko’s Vegan Scalloped Potato Bake
Missing Creamy Sauces? Try this Vegan Creamy, Cheesy Potato Bake!
3-4 Potatoes, Sliced (Peeling optional)
1 Cup Mushrooms, Sliced
1/3 Onion, Diced
1-2 Cloves of Garlic, Miced
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
2 tbsp Nutitional Yeast
1 Miyoko's Fresh Vegan Mozzarella Package (8 oz)
1/2 Cup Oat Milk
Shredded vegan cheese (mozzarella, jack, or white cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat up a skillet and add 1-2 tbsp of oil.
- Sliced your potatoes and add them to the skillet once the oil is hot.
- Let them brown on one side, then flip and add diced onion and sliced mushrooms. Cook for 1-2 minutes, just before it is done add the garlic.
- In a sauce pan, add oat milk, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and Miyoko’s cheese. Stir until well blended, the cheese may take while to melt. Once bubbling, remove from heat.
- Add a thin layer of sauce to a casserole dish. Add a layer of the potatoes, then layer some sauce. Repeat this until you have used all the potatoes. Be use to end with adding a generous amount of sauce on top.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top, and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes uncovered. The top should be golden and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then dig in!
Alternative Baking Method:
- Cook potatoes in a Caste Iron Skillet. Pout the sauce in with the potatoes and mix gently. Top with shredded cheese and cook on medium low until cheese on top is melty and bubbly.
V veg DF
Yield: 4 servings