Mulled Cranberry Cider
10–12 medium assorted apples, quartered
2 Cups of Whole Cranberries
2 oranges, quartered
4 cinnamon sticks
1 tablespoon whole cloves
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 whole nutmeg
4-5 Whole Anise
16 cups water, more or less
1/2 cup sweetener
- Put all ingredients in an instant pot or in a large stove stockpot.
- Be sure all sugar dissolves and cook on high until it reaches a simmer.
- Then reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 hours.
- Strain all spices, apples, cranberries, and oranges.
- If serving cold add some freshly cut apples, cranberries and oranges for show and to snack! (Star Anise also looks very pretty put in whole)
- If serving warm, ground cinnamon is nice on top!
GF V veg DF
Yield: 4 servings