Corn Salad with Chile and Lime
2 cups mushrooms (these can all be button mushrooms, or a variety!)
1/2 yellow onions
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp sour cream (use tofuti for vegan!)
1 tsp flour
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp chopped thyme
1 tbsp butter
Use our traditional pie crust recipe for the pie crust!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Thinly slice mushrooms. Mince 1/2 the mushrooms. Dice the onion, thyme, and garlic.
- Heat a skillet with the tbsp butter. Add all the mushroom and onion, cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook another minute.
- Add sour cream, evenly coat. Add flour and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface and with a butter knife cut out 8-inch diameter circles. They do not need to be perfect, no matter the shape they will be lovely when we fold and edge with a fork.
- Fill each pie circle with two heaping spoonfuls of filling on the bottom 1/2. Fold the top of the dough over the filling, and push/squeeze the filling in the center slightly, and use a fork to press down and seal the edges well. Repeat with the remainder of the hand pies.
- Transfer the hand pies to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with egg white and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes until the hand pies are lightly browned on top and around the edges.
Yield: 4 servings