Nut Pulp Pancakes
Save your leftover pulp from making milks or yogurts and use it to make pancakes and cookies!
1/2 Cup of Hazelnut Pulp Leftover from Milk or Yogurt Making! (You can use any nut pulp or oat pulp)
1/2 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour (Substitute with Whole Buckwheat Flour to make it GF!)
2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Tbsp of Unrefined Sugar
1/2 Cup Water or Dairy Free Milk
2 Tablespoons of Flax meal
Blueberries, Blackberries, Strawberries, or Chocolate Chips fro fillings or toppings!
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, then add water or milk. You may need to add more milk.
- Preheat a skillet or hot plate. Melt some vegan butter or coconut oil.
- Put 1/3 cup scoops of the batter on the pan. Add the fruit or chocolate chips to the batter in the pan.
- Then, let cook on medium/high for about 1-2 minutes. The sides of the batter should not stick to the spatula, that’s how you know it is ready to flip.
- The batter may stick a little. Use a metal spatula; these make it a little easier to scrape from the pan if necessary!
- Flip the pancake and let it cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Top with more fruit or syrup. Or make your own strawberry syrup. Strawberries react to sugar. Simply cut up some strawberries and add a few tablespoons of sugar. Let sit for 10-15 minutes and they make their own syrup! Yum!
- Ready to eat!
Yield: 4 servings