Peach Basil Summer Salad
The perfect summer themed salad to switch up your typical salad routine!
2 cups baby spinach
2 cups arugula
Handful of fresh basil, torn into pieces
1/4 red onion, chopped
1/4 cup slivered almonds
2 yellow peaches
4 tbsp feta cheese, or dairy-free alternative
3 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the peach skin (or blanch and peel by hand).
- To make the peach vinaigrette, blend up one peach in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour the liquefied peach into a small jar and stir in the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Taste and add more or less vinegar and salt as you desire.
- Toss the greens in the dressing to evenly coat before adding toppings.
- Slice up the remaining peach and toss into the greens with the torn basil, almonds, onion, and feta.
- Serve fresh! Keep remaining peach dressing in the fridge for up to one week.
Recipe developed by staff member, Rheanna Smith. Rheanna has a background in nutrition and food science, and along with working in many departments here at the Davis Food Co-op she actively runs a food blog containing healthy recipes and nutrition tips. Keep an eye on our Co-op blog to see some of her recipes and give her Instagram account a follow for additional health tips and ideas, @rheannnabanana.
Yield: 4 servings