4 oz can diced black olives
1 small bell pepper
1/3 red onion
2-3 fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup cheese, your choice!
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Thinly slice onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface and with a butter knife cut out 8-inch diameter circles. They do not need to be perfect, no matter the shape they will be lovely when we fold and edge with a fork.
- Place a little of everything inside each dough circle.
- Fill each pie circle with two heaping spoonfuls of filling on the bottom 1/2. Fold the top of the dough over the filling, and push/squeeze the filling in the center slightly, and use a fork to press down and seal the edges well. Repeat with the remainder of the hand pies.
- Transfer the hand pies to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with egg white and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes until the hand pies are lightly browned on top and around the edges.
Yield: 4 servings