Lemony, herby, garlicy, and delicious!
2 large lemons
2 tbsp olive oil
6 gloves of garlic
fresh herbs (Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Sage)
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chop of the step of each artichoke, and about 1 inch off each leaf. Remove the very small leaves.
- Slice the artichokes in half and use a spoon to scoop out the fuzz on the inside.
- Rub each artichoke with a lemon wedge to prevent browning.
- Place the halves, cut side down on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Fill each cavity with diced garlic, salt and pepper, and fresh herbs.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Then cover and bake for an additional 25-35 minutes, or until artichokes are tender and the leave pull of easily.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauce Ideas:
- Melted garlic butter: 4 Tbsp butter, 2 cloves of minced garlic, juice from one wedge of lemon, and the extra herbs from roasting!
- Mayo or Aioli
GF V DF
Yield: 6 servings