Overnight Baked Berry Banana French Toast
Apricot and Almond Pasta Salad
Crunchy Chicken or Chickpea Salad
Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potato Bowl with Mojo Sauce
Feed your body and soul with this protein rich, vegetable packed, whole grain bowl!
3/4 cup wild rice blend or brown rice
1 1/2 cups water
1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel
1/4 cup + 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pat dry with paper towel
1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic
juice from 2 limes
1 jalapeno, seeded
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup spinach or kale, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add rice and water to pot. Heat on high until water comes to a boil. Reduce to low, cover, and cook for 30 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. If the rice is still crunchy, add a few tbsp of water and continue cooking until the rice is done.
- In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Spread evenly on half of one baking sheet. In the same bowl, toss together chickpeas, 1 tbsp olive oil, cumin, turmeric, smoked paprika, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Spread on the other half of the baking sheet with the sweet potatoes. Roast in the oven for 35 minutes, turning once.
- In the same bowl you used for the chickpeas and sweet potatoes, toss chicken thighs with 1 tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to second baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until thermometer reads 165 degrees F when inserted in the center of the thickest thigh.
- Prepare the mojo sauce. Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno, 1/4 cup olive oil, white wine vinegar, and 1/4 tsp salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Add water to thin if necessary. Set aside.
- Assemble your bowls! Place half of the rice in each serving bowl. Top with sweet potatoes, avocado, spinach or kale, chicken thighs, chickpea croutons, and a drizzle of mojo sauce. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings