Corn Salad with Chile and Lime
“Smashed” Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes
Roasted fingerings, smashed to grab extra oil!
8-10 small fingerling potatoes
1 Tbsp High Heat Oil (Avocado is great!)
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 springs Fresh Rosemary
1-2 cloves Garlic
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a small bowl, mix oil, balsamic, salt, pepper, finely chopped rosemary, and minced garlic.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Pour the oil mixture on the potatoes and roll around to coat.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, then turn or roll around the potatoes. Cook another 10-15 minutes. Pierce with a fork to ensure they are cooked all the way through.
- Use the bottom of a glass to press the potatoes to about 1 inch thick.
- They are ready to eat! Be sure to rub all the extra garlic and rosemary onto the potatoes as you take them off the pan!
Tip: Make a whole meal out of this by roasting various veggies and grains on the side. This recipe works for bell peppers, gypsy peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes zucchini(with less oil and shorter cook time), and artichokes (cut in half)!
GF V veg DF
Yield: 2 servings