Spicy Summer Corn and Zuchinni Gnocchi with Ground Beef
A spicy and creamy dish featuring summer produce that is a breeze to make and sure to impress!
Gnocchi; homemade or storebought is fine, the whole package if storebought or ~1 lb if homemade.
10 oz Ground Beef(or beefless ground for a non-meat option)
2 medium zuchinnis; halved lengthwise and cut into half circles
Olive oil; a drizzle for the pan
3 Cloves Garlic; peeled and roughly chopped
Harissa Paste to taste (we carry both a mild and spicy version)
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
2 tbsp Ricotta Cheese
2 tbsp Grated Pecorino Cheese
Basil; roughly chopped for garnish
- Step 1: Fill a medium pot with salted water; cover and bring to a boil on high heat. Once water is boiling add gnocchi. If using storebought follow cooking instructions for time, if using homemade gnocchi wait for them to float to the surface and remove them from the water with a slotted spoon as they become ready. Once cooked set aside on a plate.
- Step 2: While water is boiling, in a large pan heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high. Once hot add the sliced zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes or until both sides of zucchini have been browned. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat corn in the same pan until slightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Step 3: Wipe out pan and heat a drizzle of oil again over medium-high. Once hot add the ground beef(or beefless ground), season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to break up clumps as they form. Drain any excess oil from the pan. Add the chopped garlic and harissa paste. Cook for another minute until ingredients are combined, stirring constantly. Add the browned zucchini and corn to the pan, season with salt and pepper. Add 3/4 cup of water to the pan and stir for about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Step 5: Add the cooked gnocchi and ricotta cheese to the pan of cooked beef, corn, and zucchini. Stir to thoroughly combine. Garnish with fresh basil and pecorino cheese. Enjoy!
Buy these ingredients for Curbside Pickup at the Co-op:
- Ground Beef, Beefless Ground
- Frozen Corn
- Harissa Paste
- Ricotta Cheese
- Tomato Paste
- Pecorino Cheese