Spring Onion and Goat Cheese Quiche
Easily made GF using Bob Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 spring onions
2 golden potatoes
8 oz goat cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp dill
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 cup parsley (rough chop)
fresh mango or mango chutney
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Prep pie crust and put in a pie or tart dish. Tent the edges and bake for 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 in cubes, and place on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Quarter the bottom of the onions and slice the greens. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, cream, and spices. Mix until well combined. Add onions, parsley, and potatoes. Gently stir until well incorporated.
- Finally, add the cheese by crumbling on top and mixing until just combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust until very full.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. If the top starts to darken too much, tent or cover to prevent burning.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh mango or mango chutney.
*Pictured with an 8in tart pan. The larger the diameter, the less time it will take to cook.
Yield: 8 servings