Overnight Baked Berry Banana French Toast
Apricot and Almond Pasta Salad
Crunchy Chicken or Chickpea Salad
Squash “Tuna Melt”
1 1/2 pounds firm small summer squashes
salt and pepper
1 tbsp fresh thyme
2 5-oz cans of albacore
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (sharp cheddar recommended)
1/3 red onion, diced
1-2 jalapeno, diced or thinly sliced
- Trim the squash ends and halve lengthwise. Salt and leave to drain for at least an hour. This helps remove some water in the squash and prevents a mushy casserole.
- Heat oven to 450F
- Roast squash cut side down for about 15 minutes. They should shrink slightly. Leave the oven on.
- Arrange squash in a casserole dish to fit snug in one layer, cut side up. Distribute onions and jalapenos over the top, then do the same with the drained albacore.
- Top with cheddar and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Cheddar should be bubbly and browning.
- Let cool, for 5 minutes then serve.
GF V DF
Yield: 4 servings