Vegan Pizza Crust
2 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
1 Tbsp Unrefined Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 C Warm Water
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 C Whole Wheat Flour
These quantities will make a thicker fluffy crust. For thin crust, use ½ the recipe.
- Warm water on the stove or in the microwave. It should be lukewarm, too hot and it will kill the yeast. Place sugar, yeast, and salt in a bowl. Add warm water and olive oil, stir gently, and let sit for 10 minutes. It should get a little foamy and bubbly.
- Fold in the flour. Knead for about 5 minutes. It should be a little sticky, but you can sprinkle a little flour on the dough periodically to keep it from sticking to your hands completely.
- Place in a bowl, cover and leave in a warm place. Let rise until it has doubled in size, about 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475F with your pizza stone in the oven.
- While your waiting prep your toppings!
- Once your stone is preheated, cover it in flour. Lots of flour! Or your dough will stick. Roll out your dough on the stone. Cover with sauce and toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is turning a darker brown.
You can use white flour, but then you are missing out on 22 vitamins!
Yield: 6 servings