1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup organic sugar, plus more for coating
6 tbsp melted vegan butter
1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened nondairy milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For coating: 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For coating: 1/3-1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, butter, nondairy milk, and vanilla extract. Add the dry to the wet 1 cup at a time. Mix just until a dough forms. If you need to add more milk to get the dough to come together do so 1 tsp at a time.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar for coating in a small bowl or dish.
- Use your hands to pinch off a piece of dough and roll it into a ball. Roll each dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure there’s at least 2 inches of space between the balls as they will spread.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. They won’t get too brown and they’ll be very soft, but they’ll firm up as they cool. Cool for 10 minutes in the tray before transferring to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Yield: 16 servings