Corn Salad with Chile and Lime
Veggie Pasta Salad
A healthy twist on the classic pasta salad with all the flavor and double the veggies!
1 medium cucumber
1 small yellow bell pepper
1 small red bell pepper
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 bunch green onion
1 small head of broccoli
8 oz rotini noodles
4-5 tbsp olive oil
3-4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1-2 tsp Italian seasoning
2-3 oz cheddar cheese, cubed
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- Finely chop up all the veggies and mix together in a large bowl.
- Cook the pasta noodles in boiling water until al dente, rinse, and let cool.
- To make the dressing mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning plus any other additional seasonings.
- Once the pasta is cooled, mix it in with the chopped veggies.
- Add the chunks of cheese and sliced olives and pour in the dressing.
- Mix together until evenly coated.
- Top with fresh herbs like basil and slices of avocado.
Recipe developed by staff member, Rheanna Smith. Rheanna has a background in nutrition and food science, and along with working in many departments here at the Davis Food Co-op she actively runs a food blog containing healthy recipes and nutrition tips. Keep an eye on our Co-op blog to see some of her recipes and give her Instagram account a follow for additional health tips and ideas, @rheannnabanana.
Yield: 4 servings