- 2 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1Tbsp Sweetener (Agave, Maple Syrup, Honey, Unrefined Sugar)
- ~60 Billion CFU Probiotic (DFC Brand is Vegetarian or use any vegan probiotic, use as many capsules as needed)
- Soak your Cashews in warm water for 6+ hours, I typically do it overnight.
- Separate the cashews from the water.
- Put the cashew in a blender or food processor. Add about 1 cup of water, sweetener, and probiotics.
- Blend until smooth, you may need to add more water to get the consistency you want.
- Set yogurt in a bowl, cover with a towel (it needs to be something breathable), and store in a warm place (on your countertop is probably fine).
- Let the yogurt sit for at least 6 hours. Then put it in the fridge!
- Eat it with the dried blueberries from our bulk fridge or fresh strawberries. YUM!
- At first, the texture will be similar to ricotta. Blend for longer to make it smoother. (I love ricotta! So I don’t blend it for too long)
- I like to add vanilla to give a little extra flavor!
- You must add some kind of sweetener, even if you don’t want it sweet! Probiotics need something to eat in order to grow!
Video Edited by Rachel Heleva, Marketing Specialist, Blog Written by Madison Suoja, Education and Outreach Specialist
- 1 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 4 Cups of Cold Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Add Unrefined Sugar to Taste if you want it sweeter. (or use pitted dates, agave, or honey)
- Ultra Fine Cloth
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend for a minute.
- Use a cloth to strain and put it in a container.
- Put in the fridge.
- Use cold water. When you cook oats they form a goop. If you use warm water, your milk will be goopy.
- If you don’t have an ultra-fine cheesecloth or nut milk specific cloth, you can use a piece of cotton. It will take longer for the milk to drain and you will need to squeeze it out.