Zero Waste Vegan: Oat Milk
- 1 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 4 Cups of Cold Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Add Unrefined Sugar to Taste if you want it sweeter. (or use pitted dates, agave, or honey)
- Ultra Fine Cloth
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend for a minute.
- Use a cloth to strain and put it in a container.
- Put in the fridge.
- Use cold water. When you cook oats they form a goop. If you use warm water, your milk will be goopy.
- If you don’t have an ultra-fine cheesecloth or nut milk specific cloth, you can use a piece of cotton. It will take longer for the milk to drain and you will need to squeeze it out.